Pages

Monday, January 15, 2018

Happy MLK Day!

So I was going to share my traditional MLK post from the past couple of years but a joke minimizing the civil rights movement feels a little bit like bad taste in this very immediate news cycle of the president being a racist dumpster fire. 

So I'll just say Happy Martin Luther King Jr day. Perhaps take a moment to ponder this uncomfortable fact:
source: wapo
This is done by a person called Robin Bell - follow on twitter here. And here's a slightly lighter one:


Ok, back next week to my usual antics (psst: spoiler alert: my next post is about cats.)

5 comments:

  1. Good call going with a new post. Although, this is really depressing me. How am I supposed to stick to my New Years Resolution of not succumbing to existential dread when this parody of a parody of a parody of a racist cartoon monster is in charge?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's encouraging that so many people are doing whatever little things they can to address the disgusting stuff coming out of the White House right now. I need to, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Goddess bless Robin Bell! Best use of projection equipment and the poop emoji that I've ever seen!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wonder who actually stays at a Trump hotel? His "base" can't afford to and no one else but his cronies and co conspirators would even WANT to stay there. Not a good business model.

    ReplyDelete